If you accidentally submerge or soak your smartphone or another device such as a remote control, flash drive, or plug end, here are a few things you can do to try and save these electronics.
- Immediately switch off the device to prevent further damage due to it short-circuiting.
- Take the device out of its cover,if it has one.
- Take out the battery, if it’s removable, and leave the back cover off.
- Shake it vigorously to get rid of all excess water, then wipe it dry with
a paper towel.
- Suck or blow on it gently with a vacuum cleaner for several minutes
to draw out more moisture.
- Finally, place it in a bag of uncooked couscous or rice, which should absorb the moisture, and leave it for a few hours. (Okay, so the jury is out on this last step, but it is also the least important step of all the ones we’ve mentioned.)
• DO NOT use a hairdryer to dry it off. You could damage it by overheating components.
• DO NOT place the device in a hot,sunny spot. The heat could damage
• DO NOT unscrew the panels of the device unless you are out of warranty and are aware of the risks.