Water damage

If you accidentally submerge or soak your smartphone or another device such as a remote control, flash drive, or plug end, here are a few things you can do to try and save these electronics.

  1. Immediately switch off the device to prevent further damage due to it short-circuiting.
  2. Take the device out of its cover,if it has one.
  3. Take out the battery, if it’s removable, and leave the back cover off.
  4. Shake it vigorously to get rid of all excess water, then wipe it dry with
    a paper towel.
  5. Suck or blow on it gently with a vacuum cleaner for several minutes
    to draw out more moisture.
  6. Finally, place it in a bag of uncooked couscous or rice, which should absorb the moisture, and leave it for a few hours. (Okay, so the jury is out on this last step, but it is also the least important step of all the ones we’ve mentioned.)
    • DO NOT use a hairdryer to dry it off. You could damage it by overheating components.
    • DO NOT place the device in a hot,sunny spot. The heat could damage
    things further.
    • DO NOT unscrew the panels of the device unless you are out of warranty and are aware of the risks.
Posts created 397

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Posts

Begin typing your search term above and press enter to search. Press ESC to cancel.

Back To Top